Pat has had dogs her whole life starting with her first Border Collies Dylan and Marina. When another special Border Collie, Rily, came along 19 years ago, her formal dog training journey began! A few years after that, Tana, Rily’s full brother from a different litter, joined the family and quickly followed Rily in going to classes and having heaps of fun! 11 years after starting classes with Rily, led to opening Flying Paws Dog Training!
Since 2014, Pat has run Flying Paws, building it up to be the go to place for the next level dog training on the North West Tasmania. Pat’s qualifications include:
- Becoming a qualified Puppy Class instructor through 4 Paws K9 Dog Training in 2016
- Becoming a qualified and accredited Dog Trainer by achieving her Certificate III in Dog Behavior and Training through NDTF in 2017.
- Completed a Deep Dive into Dog Training, and Behaviour and Understanding Reactivity, both through the Canine C.A.R.E.givers in 2022.
- Completed the L.E.G.S. Applied Ethology Family Dog Mediation® Professional Course to become a certified Family Dog Mediator (FDM) in 2023
- Completed the Crimson Hound Professional Course on Canine Body Language in 2023
As well as this she has completed many in person and online courses and undertakes continual learning to find new ways to best help you and your dog.
While Rily passed away at the impressive age of 17 in early 2022 and Tana passed away in late 2020 at the age of 13, they have passed the school batten onto 5 year old Zani, (another Border Collie!). He helps keep an eye on what’s going on in the office.